Here are some guidelines to be aware of:
- You will need a vehicle that is well suited for a high alpine environment including a 4 wheel drive or all wheel drive vehicle with proper traction (snow tires/chains). A membership to a towing company would be a good idea as well.
- Summit County and North Star HOA have Dark Sky Ordinances/rules. Lights should not be left on overnight and Dark Sky ﬁxtures/light cut offs should be used on any exterior ﬁxtures.
- There is no parking allowed on ANY roadway in Summit County nor on any North Star private roads at any time. (Any space in front of North Star homes is for snow storage. Violators will be ﬁned and may be towed at their expense and the homeowner will also be ﬁned.)
- The speed limit in North Star Village 25 mph. Violators are reported to the authorities and may result in homeowner ﬁnes from the HOA.
- Snowmobiles/ATVs may NOT be used on roadways or on green space areas in Summit County nor on any North Star roads.
- Summit County has a noise ordinance for residential areas. Noise restrictions are to be observed from 7 p.m.-7 a.m. (speciﬁcs on decibel levels may be found on the Summit County site).
- Garbage cans are to be placed out on the day garbage is picked up and removed after garbage pick up the same day.
- Dogs must be leashed at all times.
A full explanation of these guidelines and homeowner ﬁnes associated with the violation of those guidelines are available on the Summit County website and the North Star website. Please have a pleasant visit to Summit County.